Recipe for Fried Pink Salmon Caviar
Bright orange salmon caviar has a valuable chemical composition, so it can be salted and used to prepare various dishes. But if this delicacy is discovered during the cutting of fresh or frozen fish, it can be deliciously fried in a pan, while spending a minimum of time and effort. The basic rules for choosing a quality product and a simple step-by-step recipe for fried pink salmon caviar are further in the article.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
Pink salmon caviar is usually sold separately already in salt form, so you can get a raw delicacy for frying only from fresh or frozen fish.
Basic rules for choosing a quality product:
- eggs can only be found in females - they differ from males in a long and curved hind fin, as well as a small, rounded head;
- the lower body of the fish should be dense and voluminous;
- in fresh pink salmon, caught on the eve of spawning, eggs are pressed out of the anus when pressure is applied to the belly;
- a mature and high-quality product has a uniform orange color and a well-defined granular structure, exudes a pleasant fish aroma.
Important! During prolonged heat treatment in a pan, pink salmon caviar can harden.To prevent this from happening, you need to fry each side for no more than 5 minutes.
There are several ways that you can cook this delicious fish product in a pan, but the fastest and easiest of them is frying in batter.
Recipe for frying pink salmon caviar in a pan
3-4 35 minutes
sour cream (15–20%)
2 tbsp. l
ground black pepper
Nutritional value per 100 g:
- Cleanse the main ingredient from mucus, rinse under running water. Fold the product onto a fine sieve to drain the liquid, and then lightly pat it with a paper towel to remove any moisture.
- If the pieces are too large, then cut them into small portions.
- To prepare the batter, mix the eggs and sour cream in a separate bowl. Salt and pepper the mixture to taste.
- Add about 50 g of flour to the batter, mix the mass until a homogeneous consistency.
- Preheat a frying pan with vegetable oil on a stove. Having taken part of the fish caviar, dip it first in batter, and then in flour.
- Place the product in a skillet.
- Repeat this procedure for all parts, laying them in hot vegetable oil not too tight to each other.
- Fry the product on both sides until golden brown. Put the finished dish on a clean plate.